The Governing Council Of The Cat Fancy (GCCF) is a not for profit limited company .
Our address is: 5 Kings Castle Business Park, The Drove, Bridgwater, Somerset TA6 4AG.
We have a website at www.gccfcats.org and can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our phone number is 01278 427575
There is a central administration supported by 164 member clubs.
To provide a service for the registration of cats and provision of validated cat pedigrees and breed classification. Also, we take the responsibility for the licensing and organisation of cat shows, and are a source of advice and guidance on all aspects of cat care, health and welfare, feline genetics and responsible breeding practice.
What business information do we hold?
- Records of cat breeding carried out in the past 110 year (on computer and paper record). There are the names of the cats , their owners and breeders.
- Breeder prefixes
- Show records of cats and those who judged them
- Records of member clubs (Full and Provisional,) their officers and their delegate to Governing Council and the contact details for all concerned)
- Records of the Breed Advisory Committees, their officers and their contact details.
- Records of Judges, Stewards, Show Managers and show officials who organise, operate and participate in the staging of GCCF licensed cat shows.
- Records of complaints* in respect of any breach of the Byelaws or any of the Rules made by the Council and on any act, conduct default or omission arising out of, connected with or relating to the keeping, breeding, exhibiting or judging of cats which is or may be discreditable or prejudicial to the welfare of cats or in the interest of cat owners or the breeding and exhibiting of cats.
*Retained securely and shared only for the administration and progression of the complaint received. (Please note agreement to the Rules and Byelaws is signed for with each show entry and each registration and/or transfer of ownership. They can be read on the GCCF website. Our legal basis for holding and processing this data is that without it we cannot carry out the functions and purpose of our business and provide the stated services to our customers. Any person who withdraws as a functionary may request that their personal contact details are removed immediately. Feline records will be retained indefinitely.
What customer information do we hold?
- Your title
- Your name (first and surname and any additional names or initials supplied)
- Your postal address
- Your telephone number (if supplied)
- Your email address (if supplied)
- Bank details (where provided at the point of transaction – not retained)
- Cats in your ownership, cats you have bred, cats you have shown
- Positions of responsibility held within GCCF
- Minute reference and attendance record of meetings of the company, its Council, committees and working groups
- Any other information we require to hold to comply with our Rules, and Byelaws
- Any other information supplied by you for a particular purpose
We do not collect or hold any special category information such as personal medical records, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
In processing customer data GCCF relies on the following legal bases:
- Where it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you
- Where it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations
- Where it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, which include maintaining direct, relevant and appropriate contact with our customers to enable us to give them the best and relevant service and products, or
- Where you have given your consent for the processing of your personal data. (this last may be withdrawn at any time)
Sharing your data
- There is transfer of information between Member Clubs and the central administration of GCCF as required by the Rules and Byelaws
- Companies we have a joint venture or agreement to co-operate with in partnership.
- Third parties who are providing services to us, particularly for bank-card processing and the printing of show paperwork
- In the event that we are legally obliged to do so
Third party links
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Changes to this policy
- All individuals have rights under data protection legislation, which are listed below. GCCF has processes in place in order to deal with any requests made when exercising these rights.
- Your right to access the personal data we hold on you. You can request all personal data we hold on you. You have the right to contact us to request this by letter, email or telephone (our contact details are as stated at the beginning of this policy). We will review this and provide you with the information we have at the earliest opportunity, however, if the request is complex, we will contact you within 30 days to explain this.
- The right to rectification if your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete. We try to ensure that we have the most accurate and up to date data, however, please advise us as soon as possible, if any of the information we hold on you is inaccurate and we will correct it.
- The right to request that your personal data is removed or deleted where there is no legal basis or compelling reason for this data to be processed any longer
- The right to restrict the processing of your data. You have the right to request that the processing of your data is restricted in circumstances such as when you contest the accuracy of the data or when the processing is unlawful
- The right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services or organisations if this is technically viable
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data if you do not want it processed for the purposes of direct marketing or if the data is not being processed with the legal basis of legitimate interests
- The right to withdraw your consent that you provided to us at any time. If you have provided us with your explicit consent to process your data, you can withdraw this at any time.
The right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/).